22 August 2006

The internet... blessing or curse

It's been a couple of days and finally flickr works again, so here's the photo.




Marshall is finished and I am gletting closer on The Ultimate Gift.

I have also started another pair of socks, Pomatomus with Lana Grossa Meilenweit Boot Stretch in a nice black/pink combination. So, the knitting keeps going on.

On the dog front, we are now taking the car twice a day to drive into the nearby Parque Natural de los Alcornocales. The reason you ask - Goats! My two borzois have discovered the joys of chasing goats. And since they are as abundant as sand on the beach around the village, we now go walking a bit further away. No goats, just cows and Ari and Lulu are scared of them, since they are bigger. Goats look like borzois - at least in size. So, we have discovered lovely quiet walks through pine forests, Lulu plays with pine cones while Ari looks on slightly befuddled. He just can´t get his head around anything you can´t pull on, like an old towel or a piece of rope.

Yesterday, Ari decided that coming back to me so that I could put his lead on and then get him into the car was just not in the cards. In the end, I had to resort to driving away from him at a fast pace for about 300m. He came running, but still not to me... so I drove even faster for a longer distance. And he came running and jumped straight into the car. So today he stuck to me like glue!!! I hope it stays that way.

2 comments:

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Naughty Ari! But lucky too to have a natural park to explore. We had to stop visiting our local dog park due to too many stupid owners with badly behaved dogs.
Thanks for telling me about the international scarf exchange. I signed up today.
Cate

Anonymous said...

I will mail anything from my shop to you and only charge actual shipping to spain... email me if you are interested.