07 September 2006

It´s been a while

Well, it has been a while since I have posted, so here comes an update.

One item has recently been added to the finished pile and the Ultimate Gift is almost there as well.

On the other hand, I have cast on for some Baudelaire´s as a gift and started knitting the Faroese Shawl from "A Gathering of Lace".

And then there are the SKB (which will be a stashbusting exercise) as well as a scarf for the ISE3. Neither of these has been started, but they are definitely waiting in the wings. And the scarf, because of the deadline on the knit along, may end up taking precedence over a couple of other things. So... this weekend will be: Finish the Ultimate Gift, work hard on the Baudelaire's and start finishing either my stepdad's cardi or my mom's Christmas Gift. That way, I should have at least three more things out of the way by the time the yarn for the scarf arrives.

As to the dogs, they are enjoying themselves now that it is a bit cooler and are having a blast on our walks through the pine forests. Both are enjoying their latest "free" toys, i.e. pine cones. Lulu loves chasing them when I throw them for her, and then Ari chases Lulu and takes it away from her to chew it to bits. To each his own. On the other hand, it means I cover more territory on these excursions, since I need to hike off the path occasionally in search of new ones! Works well for all of us, since exercise is good for you (and helped me loose a little over 20 pounds in the last year).

Also, I have registered my two at the Gibraltar Dog Show, in the Junior Class. Cross your fingers so that I come home with two new Gibraltar Junior Champions on 24 September. The show runs over two days, and if they both win their class and are awarded the Junior CAC each day, they will get the title. I can't wait. If only Lulu's fur would grow a bit more by then.. she still looks a bit spare after her yearly shed fest earlier in the summer. Ari on the other hand should do well.. he is as curly as could be and has such a wonderful calm and majestic presence.

On the job front, things are going well, I am learning a lot about my new company and am enjoying working with new people and getting to know them.

So.... that's it for this time... I'll try not to let it go this long again!

No comments: