08 August 2006

Shedir and Baudelaire

Well, the Baudelaire's are finished and a picture is posted in the FO Gallery. They turned out nicely and I am now waiting for some sock yarn I ordered so that I can knit a pair for my mother. I'm also going to try out a few other patterns and maybe order Eunny's lovely pattern for the cabled socks on her website.

From some leftover Lana Grossa Numero Uno Tweed, I'm working on Shedir at the moment. The heat here is still keeping me from making much progress on my larger projects, so whenever having a sweater in my lap starts bothering me, I switch to something small.

On another note, I have entered a bag I'm knitting in my Work in Progress Bar and will be posting progress photos soon. At the same time, I'm working on noting down the pattern and will publish it later. I'm not sure yet whether as a free pattern or for sale, maybe you can let me know once you see the finished work.

The dogs are enjoying our early morning walks, especially the dips in the pond left over in the river. The rest has unfortunately dried out. This morning, Lulu finally discovered that there are fish in there. Many fruitless minutes later she started barking frustratedly at the water, since catching them proved elusive. She gave it a good try though, sometimes sticking her entire head in, including the ears. That naturally resulted in furious shaking! Ari looked on like a very sedate older gentleman. Sometimes it's hard to imagine that Lulu with her 9 months is only 4 months younger than he is. He is so calm most of the time, you'd think he was in a coma.

Well, time to go out for out middle of the night walk, it is getting much to hot to go out during the day, so the dogs sleep the day away and our walks happen in the evening, around midnight and the early morning now. Isn't it good that I don't need a lot of sleep.

No comments: