05 August 2006

The knitalongs continue....

Well, new to knitalongs and I keep adding to them.

Some weeks ago, I decided that I couldn't do without the Sunrise Circle Jacket from Interweave Press, so after scouring many retailers for an alternative to the suggested yarn, I finally found something I liked.

It's 100% Alpaca, called Alpaca Sport and in a lovely deep aubergine. The retailer is Wollkontor in Berlin.

It took a while to arrive, since they had to reorder the color I wanted. In the meantime, I discovered blogging and knitalongs and lo-and-behold, there is one for the Sunrise Circle Jacket. So.. another knitalong added to my list.

It has already grown a bit, just past the decreases on the back, since the heat doesn't make it easy to knit for long on something rather bulky.

Now, where to find interesting toggle buttons for it here in Andalusia? I may just take a little swatch to the glass blower in Gibraltar and see if he can custom make me some, when he does something with dark purple glass again.... We'll see.

By the way, has anyone experience in lining a knit jacket? I am thinking it would help keep the shape.

In the meantime, I'll keep continuing on my Baudelaire's for the KAL's (both the Baudelaire one and the Sock of the Month 2).

I've also added some pictures of previously finished object this year. Sophia I is for Christmas already and the size is for 12 to 18 months. Ribby for Emma is also her Christmas present as are Pink & Pearly. Other finished objects will come once I get the pictures from the recipients.

Also, I have persuaded my Mom to take as many pictures as possible of things I had made in previous years for her and the rest of the family. It's mostly so that I can have a record of it, but I may post the odd item here or there for you to see.

Well, that's it for now, have a great weekend all of you.

No comments: