19 October 2006

I am deligthed and in awe....




My lovely Secret Pal Dyann sent me a wonderful package full of goodies.....

Firstly the scarf. Schaefer Anne, a lovely colorway of blues and green and a lace pattern!!! It is absolutely perfect for me, my wardrobe and the local climate. I could not have been more delighted and I have to say if this is a first time lace project, I cannot wait to see what else you will come up with Dyann.

Along with the scarf came: A mug made by Dyann herself (she is a professional studio potter), tea to fill it with, a gorgeous hank of laceweight yarn in a lovely lavender color (Ene´s Scarf, here I come!), a bar of soap and a lovely card. I am overwhelmed by Dyann's generosity and artistry.

My scarf will be on it's way to his recipient on Saturday, together with some other goodies.

On the knitting front, I have completed: A second pair of "Socks of Doom" for Sock Wars, since unfortunately my first target did not send me an unfinished pair of socks, I had to start a second pair from scratch, which is currently winging it's way to the United States to... sock someone!

Also, a pair of Baudelaires in burgundy yarn from Regia. On the needles is a pair of Jaywalkers, yarn is Gedifra Trend Sportivo as well as a pair of socks for the man I love, with yarn from yarnpirate in denim, grey and a bit of red.

I am still working on all the other projects listed in the sidebar and will post updates soon.

No comments: